National Day on Writing 2016

The MTMC celebrates the National Day on Writing by letting students use their creativity to build a story a together. Post-It notes were stuck outside the MTMC for Techies to come and write out what they wanted to happen within the story. The goal of this: to compose a unique tale from many different students! Check out what was created this year!

Once upon a time, there was a weary Tech student who needed to complete a very important writing assignment. They tried every brainstorming tactic they could think of, including drinking straight lemon juice and knitting tiny hats for kittens. Since they were having such a hard time, they decided to take a break to clear their mind. Interrupting this ┬ácitric-acid fueled revery, a knock at the door brought him to his senses. When he opened it, his friend looked surprised, “Oh, it’s just you. I could have sworn I heard you talking to someone else.”

“Nope,” he said. “Just me, myself, and I.”
“You’ve been acting really strange ever since you started hanging out with that Tyler Durden guy.”
He shook his head, “No, he’s just helping me figure out what to write for this paper.”
His friend asked, “What is it about?”
“I’m not sure.”
“How does it start?”
He read from his paper so far. “You are about to read my new essay. Please find a comfortable position.” He went on to read, his voice drenched in melancholy. “Before the fall of Democracy in America, Tangerine Hitler claimed that the world was rigged against him-“, he heard a noise and stopped.